Thursday, October 24, 2013

Lemony Herb Sauce

http://stupideasypaleo.com/2013/05/31/lemony-herb-sauce/

   
DSC_0479This sauce got invented to accompany some awesome beef & lamb kofta (meat on a stick) that I made recently. All I can tell you is to hold onto your hat because it packs a wallop of flavor…the brightness of the lemon, the freshness of the herbs and a bit of texture from the pistachios are perfect. I’m typing this and my mouth is literally watering just thinking about it.
It’s versatile enough to drizzle over really any kind of meat or fish and even fresh veggies. YUM!
Prep time: 5-10 min     Cook time: 0 min    Makes: ~3/4 cup
Ingredients:
  • 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp mint, chopped
  • 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
  • 1/4 cup Kasandrinos Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/8 tsp sea salt
Directions:
  1. Chop the parsley, mint and pistachios. Combine in a small bowl with the sea salt.
  2. Squeeze the juice from one lemon (~1/4 cup) into the bowl, being careful to catch the seeds. I squeeze the lemon into my cupped hand, letting the juice strain through my fingers.
  3. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk at the same time.
  4. Serve with meat or veggies of your choice. Will keep refrigerated for 1-2 days but is best used fresh because of the herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment