Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Caesar dressing

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/14078-caesar-salad-dressing-tips-or-recipe/

I always make my own caesar dressing. I never measure anything. Usually I do the juice of 1 lemon, then add enough olive oil to have about half again as much oil as lemon juice (so like 1/4c. juice to 1/3 c. oil, or 1/2c. juice to 3/4 c. oil). Then I toss in 1 or 2 garlic cloves (I chop them first or else there are big chunks) then like 4-6 anchovy fillets or about a tablespoon of anchovy paste, an equal amount dijon mustard (without sugar or wine), and salt and pepper. Then blend it in the blender. If you're not doing whole30, you can add about 1/4c. parmesan cheese to it.


Traditional caesar dressing has anchovies in it, but you can buy store-bought versions that don't have it. I don't think it's caesar dressing without them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment