Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Guacamole Salad

 

 

I made this to go alongside a pork butt Brandon smoked this weekend. I figured why not chop up some standard guac ingredients, toss in some refresher veggies like cukes and voila, I’ve made a chewable guacamole, though that title doesn’t sound quite as appetizing as guacamole salad, to me anyway. When we sat down to eat, I kept hovering over Brandon, eyeballing how many forkfuls of salad he was putting into his mouth. I said, more than once (read: nagged), “Heyyyy babeeeee, make sure to leave some so I can have it for leftovers. *Smile*”  I was kind of obsessed with this.

Ingredients

  • 2 avocados, diced
  • 1 English cucumber, diced
  • 4 large-ish tomatillos, diced
  • 1/2 red onion, finely diced
  • handful cilantro, chopped
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • salt

Method

The only thing I really need to explain (probably) is how to deal with tomatillos, so here goes…
Remove the green husks. You’ll feel that the tomatillo is slightly sticky to the touch. Rinse those suckers under some warm water, then chop ‘em up like the rest of the ingredients.
In a large bowl, add all ingredients together. Consume.

No comments:

Post a Comment