Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Coconut Flour Tortillas

How to Make Coconut Flour Tortillas!

Happy Thursday Everyone!
Today I have an extra special treat for you :)  My hubby was nice enough to film me for a little tutorial on how to make coconut flour tortillas.   My lovely Sammy struggled with these so I thought I’d demonstrate!
  • This recipe is from Paleo Comfort Foods.  It’s probably my favorite Paleo cookbook and has helped me make many a delicious meal, they deserve all the credit as I mention in the video.  It’s my hubby’s favorite too because he’s from Mississippi and can still enjoy some Southern favorites, Paleo style!.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SlBUbYrdbc&feature=g-upl
Coconut Flour Tortillas:
8 egg whites
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup water
Coconut oil
1/4 tsp salt
Whisk all the ingredients together and preheat a nonstick pan with some coconut oil.  Pour about 3 tbsp of mixture into the pan at an angle and swirl around.  Once golden brown, flip.  Make sure that they’re really golden or they’ll rip.  These rock, they held up when they were loaded and taste ah-mazing.
Live to Thrive,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment