Wednesday, October 16, 2013

BAKED JICAMA FRIES

http://www.nummyformytummy.com/search?q=baked+jicama+fries
Completely over sweet potato fries right now, I miss good old white potato fries. Nothing’s stopping me from hopping I the car and heading over to the nearest burger joint and ordering myself a large fry and shake.  There is that minor detail that it would make me feel disgusting minutes after inhaling, so I guess I’ll pass. 

My craving for something salty had me scouring the kitchen.  Then I saw it,  a lonely jicama off in the corner.  It was time to make some magic happen!

As you’ll see, I don’t really measure when it comes to this recipe. You might have a huge jicama and not like lots of salt, so measurements are all based on taste.  One of my favorite things about these tasty gals is that they can be eaten cold and re-heat beautifully.  
       Jicama
  • Unrefined coconut oil
  • Old Bay Seasoning (to taste)
  • Sea Salt (to taste)

  1. Pre-heat oven to 400F and line baking sheet with foil
  2. Slice jicama into preferred shape (I used my handy dandy fry slicer)
  3. Rinse the jicama and gently pat dry (they can remain damp…no biggy) and place into medium-large glass bowl
  4. Evenly cover the jicama with the melted oil
  5. Dump the jicama onto the sheet and spread out
  6. Sprinkle with seasonings
  7. Place sheet into oven
  8. Bake for approx. 40 min (or until it reaches your desired texture) moving around occasionally so they brown evenly
jf2

No comments:

Post a Comment