Wednesday, October 16, 2013

EGG MUFFINS

http://www.lesleywgraham.com/2013/06/whole30-egg-muffins.htm

Egg muffins are awesome because you can make a bunch and then have them for the week. Since we are often rushing around in the morning, this is a definite bonus. You can really make these a million ways and with a ton of different ingredients. I love that you can mix things up. I went heavy on the filling so that the egg was basically a binder. They are savory and sweet and full of flavor. For me food has to taste good, I'm not going to suffer through because I'm eating in an intentional way. I think the sweet potatoes are unexpected and super yummy in this. Hope you like them!


Ingredients:
  • 8 eggs 
  • ghee
  • cherry tomatoes to taste
  • 1/2 yellow pepper
  • 3 pieces of pork sausage
  • greens
  • 1 sweet potato
  • salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 325. Grease muffin tin with ghee.

I started by roasting the finely diced sweet potatoes and yellow pepper at 350 for 20 min ahead of time. I also precooked the sausage and had that ready. I filled a mixing bowl with the roasted potatoes and pepper, chopped sausage, diced tomatoes, and some shredded mixed greens. I then cracked 8 eggs over the bowl, added s + p, and then beat all of the ingredients with a fork until everything was coated and the eggs were fluffy.

Cook at 325 for 20 min.

Let muffins sit in pan a few minutes before placing on cooling rack.

Yields 11 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment